What's your top feature request?

Hi Taylor,

Any news on brushes?

Welcome @Dan! No news to share yet.

Hi, I’m liking Sculptura coming from a 3D coat and Forger background. I think it’s great on the iPad but not sure about purchasing again just to have it on my mac. I’m debating this one. :slight_smile: After playing with the app (will share images at some point soon). Here are my thoughts what I’d like to see and I’m sure these have been requested by others.

Left handed mode (pushing the sliders to the ride of the screen / reversing icon layout).

UV generation. Some packages have UV painting abilities but it seems they don’t like Sculptura files.

Line / box extrude. Much like the sphere feature where you can grow a sphere. Be great to grow a cube or other primitives.

More base models. I think it would be good to have a great choice at start up. Like a cube or even something like a snowman shape, a stool, etc.

Vertical or horizontal snapping on the line tool so you can easily draw a vertical or horizontal line.

UV painting is of course a wish for many. :slight_smile:

select and resize a portion of a model (unless you can do this already?) So you can sculpt at a certain size and then rescale say a hand or a head etc.

Textured brushes so you can add more detail like tyre tracks, bumps and texture.

vertical mirroring as well as horizontal and possibly a way to set where the mirroring occurs.

More control over lighting and the way they interact with the models.

a ? icon so you can tap it and it goes into help mode. whilst in this mode touching an icon / slider will give more details instead of having to go through the help all the time. Touch again and all icons are usable again.

:smiley: I think that’s it for now. Thanks for creating a nice / fun app and I look forward to the future development.

1 Like

Welcome @ExcitedPixels and thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome. :slight_smile: If you need a beta tester just shout as I’ve had many years experience with software development and testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would really like a way to either have a photo as a background or a traceable template.
I would also greatly appreciate a cut/copy paste function with a viewable clipboard.
Another thing that would be super cool is layers and/or the ability to combine two models.
It would also be nice to be able to change the orientation of a sculpt.

This being said I am loving the app and am finding it super nice to use for making a new game model for a friend’s mod! Totally worth the $10

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I decided to add the Mac version to the iPad version on my ageing 2009 mac (Yeah who bothers with system requirements these days… right… they are just a serving suggestion after all).

App works very much like the iPad version on my mac (I am relieved to say) and all seems fine. My only request would be better mouse button support. I’d love to see the mouse wheel zoom in and out of the model and the right mouse button rotate or force an invert. Clicking the middle mouse button would be handy as a move shortcut. I’m using a logitech mouse which may be why it’s not working so well for me. :slight_smile:

It’s good to see help when you hover over the tools which makes me think a ? button on the ipad could enable this to help new users on the iPad. :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing what’s next on both Mac and iPad.

1 Like

pleeeeaase left hand mode :slight_smile:

I’m having to lock my iPad screen and flip the iPad upside down to try and be efficient O.o
(and that does NOT work perfectly, lol)

I am very impressed with the app, and I am confident it will growing into something amazing.

My hopes for the future…

1 Masking

2 continuous dynamic rotation so that one could cut or build as the model is turning; a type of lathing, like Sculptris.

1. Adding another Sculptura ( or .obj ) model to the scene: and the ability to move them into place. eg adding a hat to a head.

2. Mirroring on more than vertical axis.

5 textures and colours (but I expect that is a little ambitious.)

Anyway, many many thanks for where we already are!7

You might guess that my interest is abstract, geometric, models that work towards 3D printing. Jewellery

2 Likes

Welcome @jmcguire.dev! I’ll be working on left hand mode :slight_smile:

Welcome @Woodcock! Thanks for the kind words! Masking is a bit tricky with voxel sculpting but I will be doing some experiments.

I would very much like to receive an update with new features and bug fixes. Some of my work, to stimulate you)

photo_2019-05-15_18-42-36 photo_2019-05-15_18-42-49 photo_2019-05-15_18-42-55

4 Likes

Cut / Copy and paste is a must in my opinion.

1 Like

ad 3.: I fully second that. And a simple tool to merge the components, with a pressure-controlled smoothness operator, perhaps? Also of course a simple way to position the single parts. Multiple copies come to mind, distributed geometrically or even at random. Phew. Once you start thinking… :wink:

2 Likes

Hi team! so I’m back and I’m really impressed by the quality of the app for the price I paid for. I played around with the app and the tools, I created my first piece (Ps. Its my first attempt at digital sculpting, so It’s not worthy of showing to everyone just yet). I think a few features would be a really nice addition to the app such as different brushes and being able to create your own brushes, different textures that we could create or import into the app such as what Forger has done (Not to compare the apps, just an example). I believe it would make the app more dynamic as well as a recording and playback feature of your sculpt such as what Procreate does on the iPad, its always nice to see your work play back in a short time-lapse after you are done with your piece (Especially for social media purposes of showing your followers the process of your work).

Great App! Loving it so far and I cant wait show you guys my first proper sculpt.

1 Like

I’d love keyboard shortcuts for quickly switching to the different orthographic views (perhaps similar to the shortcuts in blender)

Numpad 1 - front
Numpad 7 - top
Numpad 3 - right
Numpad 9 - invert (e.g. top to bottom or left to right)

2 Likes

The biggest thing I lack in Sculptura is being able to add primitives (in symmetry)…that s my #1 request (maybe “sphere” could have the ability to be changed to be cubes, pyramids torus…etc).

#2: masking (so tools don’t effect certain areas. Maybe with a feathering?)

#3: Texture stamps (like alpha brushes…could be added to most tools)

#4: adjusting the pressure curve of the pencil (and to be able to have pressure effect Both Radius and strength)

#5: transform (this might need layers?)

BTW: the two-finger undo is soooo great! -every creative app should do that!

1 Like

+1 for having a photo to work off of.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming, as this is a good way to determine what to work on.

Please order your feature requests in terms of importance, if you haven’t done so already :slight_smile:

Sweet Taylor. Cheers!

One other thing I’d like to see: Rendering in 360. Or spherical, whatever that’s called. So you can do Matrix like spins.

Like this:

Doesn’t necessarily have to be a video file. I can put frames in a video editor.

Not on the top of the list, but it’d be really useful.

Thanks again.

1 Like

A three wall grid template with another 3 grids (see pics).

(only two walls and one grid are shown here)