Very nice 1.0 release. Some feedback

I sculpted in the app for about 3hrs so far. Most of it I like, or can learn to work around the limitations. I’m not expecting 3D coat or zbrush on ipad, so I have realistic expectations! :wink:

Two things though either are not working for me, or I don’t understand what they are supposed to do.

The main one is that the deform tool doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t really move anything much, just barely nudges the surface a little no mater what I try. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

The other issue is the apple pencil pressure support. It’s overly sensitive in my opinion, no mater the rate I set for the tool sliders unless I set them VERY low, but then they are too low.

These two things, if fixed would help a lot.

Now…on to feature requests which I don’t expect but would be nice.

1. Layers- very nice to have layers for working on different parts
  2. Brush that is a different voxel shape than just a sphere. Like a box. Would be nice to have a brush that follows the surface normal and is maybe like a squished sphere or cube too. Right now when working around thin objects but wanting to bulk up the outside, it’s very easy to add volume to the other side unless your brush is very small. This would fix this issue.

Over all I’m very impressed with the app though and its performance. I look forward to using it more. Thanks!

-g

I think even having just a couple of layers would be cool, at least for working separately on things like the eyes and that kind of stuff. The square-shaped brush option would be nice too!

How do layers work in other 3D applications?

Hi @GKPDX, for Deform, try working on the smallest sphere. Or try using the Resize tool to make your model smaller (try scale factor = .5). Here’s what the Deform tool does on the smallest sphere:

OK, so it works differently than I was expecting. I was thinking it was like a move tool with a falloff radius similar to what zbrush and 3D Coat have.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll put in an feature request for a move tool.

This is the move elastic brush which has some extra bells and whistles but demonstrates basically what I was thinking the deform brush did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqsFuafor5I

It depends on the application. Some can interact with each other, but in most it’s just a container to hold another mesh/voxel layer as far as I know.

3D coat has a lot specific functions for voxels, but really all that is needed most of the time is the ability to have voxel items on different layers, hide layers, and maybe scale the voxel density per layer (that’s kind of a bonus function but helpful).