Sculptura Roadmap!

Hey @Waterboy, we’re not really that close right now actually. We implemented the improved resizing code which will allow us to have a usable Move tool (otherwise it would take too long to switch to/from the Move tool). We’re now testing that. Next we’re going to have to rework a lot of code to support rendering meshes. It’s going to be at least another month, I’d say. Of course that’s much longer than I originally anticipated, unfortunately.

We felt we had to reduce memory usage a lot for 1.2, so that added quite a bit of additional work.

Thanks for the update!

So excited for 1.2! Can’t wait to put my hands on it :smiley: but please, take the time you need!

Just an update :slight_smile:

Waiting for review with Apple is a pretty big rendering performance improvement. I realized I was doing something unnecessary.

And today, I finally got the new resize code to be robust. It’s super fast.

I’ve also implemented some of the UI for the move tool, and the mesh rendering, so it’s all coming together.

cheers!

Uploading Move Tool beta!

The Move tool will be a major step forward for editing meshes. After that, the next priority should probably be the ability to have multiple models in layers and import of models (which can be used as parts).

I just released version 1.2. Enjoy the move tool! Tell me what you think here: Move Tool: what do you think?

@PhilW That’s exactly the current priorities :wink: