Apple Pencil connectivity issues

I was excited to buy your app, but so far I am finding the experience to be frustrating. I am using an iPad 7th gen With iOS 13.4.1 and a first gen Apple Pencil.
I have changed the tablet settings for the app to pencil only and it will not register in the app. I have restarted the tablet, the app, made a new file, and nothing works.
When I purchased the app it told me it would work with my tablet and the only information I can find in your app or forum is that it works with “Apple Pencil”…
Any help you can provide would be appreciated as I am starting to feel like I wasted $10.

Ok, just for the hell of it I plugged the pencil into the pad while in the app and now it works. This information would have been helpful in the Help menu. And I am aware it says “when connected” but I have never had to do that with any other Art app.

Ho PeteMc
we wasted 10 dollars
I also bought the software
and I can’t export these files

That sucks. I just thought this would be a novel way to “sketch” in 3D as I have been meaning to learn for years. Exporting seems like an important feature to be sure. I am sure I will play with it some more, but I don’t know how much I want to beat my head against it just to figure it out. A simple tutorial to explain the functions of the tools and functions would be helpful.

Hi @PeteMc. This really sounds like a connectivity issue with the Apple Pencil. I’m glad you were able to resolve it.

When the pencil wasn’t working with Sculptura, was it working with other apps?

Hi @Boaz, I’m sorry you aren’t satisfied. I’ve substantially improved the export code’s memory usage, so it should be very robust now. If you have issues, please contact me :slight_smile:

Hi @Taylor. I don’t know what you need to do to fix it.
I search app to make sculpting for iPad and I saw your app. also its show that it is exporting stl/obj
I bought your app and I modelled something and want to print and export was stuck. I contacted you
you gave me Solution too long a few button clicks. please refund me or give me licence to try sculpting on Mac and export. but if your export not working on Mac so please refund me

Good morning Taylor,

Thank you for the response. Yes, the pencil was working fine in all other apps and the operating system. That is what through me off. I was able to find the instructions for setting the System Settings to Pencil only here on the forums and everyone else who mentioned it seemed like that was the issue. It was just the fact that the Help menu said “while connected” that made me think to plug it in. Weird, but it does seem to be working now.

Thank you again,

Pete